Sunday, June 24, 2012

  Watching Speed TV this morning and I came up with the realization that finding sponsors for my resortation effort will help immensely.  In addition to driving the car as much as I can around the local area, I would love to show off the finished product at antique car shows or any gathering about alternative fuel vehicles.  Some sort of tasteful listing of sponsors on the trunk lid could look nice.  I figure a good place to start would be the American Gas Association (advocates for natural gas) and then find one of the more respectable CNG vehicle suppliers. 
  Found a nice engine...I see GM has a CNG 6L Vortex V-8 for their fleet Savana cargo van.  This is just a bit bigger than the current 322 cubic inch (5.3L) V-8 currently in the car.  I will start keeping a list of the different parts I will be needing and a budget.  
 Here is one of my inspirations for this restoration...Jay Leno's 1955 Buick Roadmaster.  Jay has a lot of cars, but this 1955 Buick is the one he has had the longest.  The link has a video where you can listen to his story about he even slept in that car when he first went to California.  He kept the exterior pretty much original, but replaced everything under the hood to make it drive more like a modern car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment